Sunday, August 30, 2015

Nothing much new here…..

Holy cow, I am one boring girl!  Nothing new….well actually a whole mess of stuff has been happening with friends and relatives, but nothing really affecting me, personally, and I guess, that's good.  When you get to my age, you really appreciate…boring!  No ups or downs and things just going reasonably well is wonderful!  I KNOW that some of you know exactly what I mean!!

No sewing again…stuff is still all packed away in the basement for now and I'm thinking it just might stay there for the remainder of the year.  I have purchased a ton of yarn lately, and just like my fabric stash, my collection is growing faster than I can use it.  I NEED to stop!  I did pawn off a few DROPS FABEL skeins on my sister and neighbor this week, so I feel a bit better and if any of you want to try that "Dorothy's Slip Stitch Spiral Knit Sock" patter …….look it up on Google, it's free), I'll see what I have left and send you a skein or two.  It is cheap though and I bought mine at the Nordic Mart.  The yarn name is Drops Fabel Prints and you need two to make a pair of socks.  Later in this post there is a picture of a pair.

Until then, here are the envelopes I sent out this week:





And here are my socks.  The colors that I used on these were 914 an 903 (in case you're interested).


Since I had made three pair of that pattern already, (and even though I have a ton of yarn left for more combinations), I thought I needed a change, so here is what I'm knitting now.  This yarn is NOT cheap…...it is marvelous and I am in heaven with every stitch.  It has cashmere in it….ummmmm!!  Note that it does have a slight variance in color which makes it interesting.  I can't wait to see these done.


So, until next week…when I will be in a flurry preparing for the annual family pool party…..I hope you will be doing something that you love this week…..after all, that's what makes life fun!  Have a good week, my friends…...

7 comments:

carol fun said...

Yes boring is WONDERFUL!!! I am of that "age" when a life without drama is exactly what I want. Love the socks...I keep forgetting I want to try that spiral sock pattern...I have a ton of Drops Fabel in my stash so no worries there. I've done a pair or two of socks with cashmere and oooohhh they feel so nice. Happy knitting!

carol fun said...

Yes boring is WONDERFUL!!! I am of that "age" when a life without drama is exactly what I want. Love the socks...I keep forgetting I want to try that spiral sock pattern...I have a ton of Drops Fabel in my stash so no worries there. I've done a pair or two of socks with cashmere and oooohhh they feel so nice. Happy knitting!

Jennifer M. said...

Love your socks! I too have some sock projects in the works and they are so addictive. I'm with you about the yarn stash. Mine has grown too much so I told myself that I'm not allowed any yarn for a while. I can't knit or crochet it as fast as I get it.

Createology said...

Really cute envelopes a always. Love the soft aqua sock yarn with cashmere. Summer Pool Party Smiles...

beachiesews said...

Hey Carol! Boring is good. Sometimes I wish for more excitement...and then the you-know-what hits the fan...and I remember that boring is good! We have had a summer of little things...first my tooth fell apart, non-working can mean no dental insurance...so you buy a discount plan and say holy-cow at the "new price" for a crown. Then more little things....they just add up, so yep, boring is good! Last week my backyard neighbor came over and showed me a pic of a roof tile that was far out of place...with rain expected...we got that fixed just in time for a whopper of a storm! All fixable things and not life threatening...so I am glad for that! I am ready for this particular summer to be over!

But...today we had brunch here for my local family and my visiting daughter from California...good times for sure! Life is good!

I love your socks! I am enjoying knitting some cowls and a nice modern looking shawl...no granny style stuff (I hope!). And...I am sewing a pink and gray baby quilt and found out we will get a new great grand in March...so more sewing for me! Also, I am crocheting a blanket using my leftover cotton yarns...it is bright and will be nice to have. And my house could use a good cleaning! I think I will be boring and busy!

Have a good week! Sue.

beachiesews said...

p.s. I love your fancy yarn bowl! I use my Fiesta Ware bowls...they work great! If I am traveling I use a zip lock bag! Whatever works, huh? S.

Susan said...

That yarn is so soft and pretty. glad life is going well - even if a tad boring - noone needs unexpected humps!