Saturday, August 15, 2015

Nothing exciting….

Wow…between knitting my brains out (and still going so slowly) and running back and forth to the carpet store, it seems as though the week just got away from me.  Sometimes, I wonder how I did everything when I used to work.  lol  I'm in process of another pair of fun socks and hopefully I'll finish them this week so I can show you.  AND….hopefully too, I will decide on carpeting (decided against hardwood) and be done with that chore.  This running back and forth with samples is driving me "batty"!!  My house is so much brighter than the store that the samples look completely different when I get them home.

I did send out envelopes to my sweeties this week, naturally:




My head has also been in La Reunion Island this week.  If you recall, that's the island where the piece of the missing plane MH370 appeared last week.  Actually, it was discovered the same day my sister, BIL, niece and nephew arrived there to witness and celebrate my other nephew's (and Godson's) wedding.  It was on a bluff overlooking the Indian Ocean and I guess, from what I heard was glorious! My niece is already back and told me all about it.  La Reunion Island is a tiny island southeast of Africa and is owned by France.  To get there from the US is a real trick.  First to Dublin, then Paris and finally an 11 hour flight to La Reunion…….to the tune of (I hope you're sitting down)….this time of year, $2700 per person round trip.  Now you know why the whole family wasn't there!!!  The bride is from there and the two of them met in Australia where they both work and live now.  



On the way home, my sister and BIL decided to extend their trip, so toured Paris (here is a photo of them having tea (or something???) and then they went off to London for a week.  I'm anxious to hear all about it!


Believe it or not, I started a book……"Black Eyed Susans" by Julia Heaberlin that I picked up at he library but I'm only on page 40 so can't really give you a whole big opinion, yet.  So far though, it's really good.  You might want to check it out.

Anyway, that was my week.  Hope yours was good…….

3 comments:

Createology said...

Oh the carpet chore and woes is far too fresh in my mind as we just finished the downstairs rooms. Love your envelope art. That is quite the journey for travel. Love Paris!!! London not so much. Happy Reading and Knitting...

Susan said...

What a wonderful setting for the wedding - a long way to get there though.

kiwikid said...

Good luck with the floor choices!! Love the envelopes!! A beautiful place for a wedding....but what a long trip!! Hope you sister and BIL enjoy Paris and the UK.