Friday, August 7, 2015

Having fun!

Boy oh boy!  Since I told you about my latest passion:  "Dorothy's Slip Stitch Spiral Knit Socks" I have done nothing but knit, combine yarns and place orders.  Believe me, "nordicmart.com" loves me!  At only $3.05 a skein for 50gr. though, it is quite a steal.  2 skeins are used for one pair of socks.  I think I have enough for awhile to supply myself, my sister and even my neighbor since I invited them both to join me in this fun adventure.


Most people that I've heard of, use Drops Fabel yarn…which is the stuff pictured above.  I didn't know that when I first started, so bought some German yarns that were self striping instead and made this:


Then, so I wouldn't get bored, but still wanted two, I decided to reverse the main color on the 2nd sock and ended up with two socks which look like they belong to each other, but not quite.  Personally, I think they're a hoot!


I think these will be put away for Christmas…..I have someone special in mind already!  I, naturally, sent out some envelopes, but only to one girl this week.  My niece is on vacation, visiting her brother in Reunion island where he got married last Saturday.  Funny that hardly anyone one in the world knew of this place until my sister and family landed there and the debris from the downed MH370 plane was discovered the very same day.  Anyway, that's not why I'm not sending the books to my great niece, I'm not sending them because she and her daddy are very busy while my niece is away…..lol  The ones below went to my granddaughter.



Then, I started playing with more yarn.  How do you like it so far?  


Stay tuned for more cool combinations and possibly another finished pair.  Whew….if only I could knit as fast as I used to sew!!

7 comments:

Createology said...

You are beginning to rival a yarn store with your new passion. Love the "matching but not quite the same socks". Safe travels to your family. Summer Smiles...

Ray and Jeanne said...

Love your socks! I am going in search of the pattern - looks like something I need to knit... ~Jeanne

Ellyn said...

those "not quite matched" socks are the BEST! I love them the most

carol fun said...

LOVE the socks... I always make mine fraternal rather than identical. Oh Nordic Mart is a wonderful site... I have lots and lots and lots of yarn from them... great yarn and very reasonable prices...happy knitting!

Susan said...

Where is the rule that says socks have to match anyway??? Variegated yarns can give a quite unexpected result and always look good.

beachiesews said...

Hey Carol! I love the non-matchy-matchy look...they look like someone spent some time on them!
Guess what...I have not knit any socks. I have knit a nice cowl and a have 2 more projects in the works...and I am happy with that! I actually gets cold enough here to enjoy a nice cowl, plus depending on the yarn they can be warm but not too warm! I am adding some beads to a shawl. I love the smaller crescent shape shawls...not those granny size things..gotta keep it modern!
And, I am actually sewing...but for family or me, not swaps.

I hope you have a nice week with some beautiful weather! Smiles...Sue.

kiwikid said...

Loving your sock knitting there! Great colours. And envelopes once again!