Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lady #67, fun mail and books (as usual)

Whew, finally Olga aka Lady #67 made it to her destination.  We were worried!  Olga lives in Brazil and to be honest, Brazil doesn't have the best postal system.  I've had issues with Brazil before so Olga decided to pay extra for priority shipping (to the tune of $41) which made the trip from the US to her home only 3 1/2 weeks rather than 3-6 months as I have seen in the past.  During that time though, she and I have become very good friends, so that was a plus for both of us!  Enjoy yourself, Olga!  It was a ball working with you!   I also posted the original photo of the "real" Olga for you to see.



Some of you might be astute enough to note that I have not yet posted Lady #66.  She, my friends, is a gift and will be revealed the end of April.

Naturally, I sent out fun envelopes to my little ones this week:




Did you recognize that last one?  I copied one of my mug rugs from years ago.  Audrey went to a real live "tea" with her parents this past week during her spring break, so I HAD to celebrate the occasion!

Then, I spent my marvelous birthday Amazon gift cards on books.  Can you believe?  (You should see my unread stack now……I need to stop buying and take a good speed reading course, I think.)  Sad that I can shop faster than I can read!


This week I finished:

"Paris Letters"                      by      Janice MacLeod
"The Husband's Secret"       by      Liane Moriarty
"The Life List"                     by      Lori Nelson Spielman

And started "The Storyteller" by Jodi Picoult this morning.  Out of the 3 from last week, "Paris Letters" was, by far, the best.  It was light and fun and made me smile!  Besides, that, no book has ever made me want to learn french before.  lol

So, my friends, that's another week down the tubes.  I hear that spring is right around the corner, but you couldn't tell that by our weather this morning.  It's snowing outside right now (again…ugh!)  So, take care….until next week (when I will have some sewing to show you…..if you can believe?)

7 comments:

Susan said...

Its great to see a lady again - I'm sure Olga will be glad to have her!

Annie said...

Oh, lucky Olga! So glad she finally found her way! The envelopes are adorable.

Noela said...

Another lovely lady Carol. Hugs.....

kiwikid said...

Love Lady 67!! The envelopes are amazing as usual! I enjoyed the Secret Keeper!

Createology said...

Lady #67 is excellent. Always love your envies and I do see the pinky at the teacup. I have always wanted to learn French..."If Not Now, When" has lead me to taking lessons. It is not at all natural for me! Arrgh. Bonsoir Madame...

Olga PGov said...

the best thing that happened was the delay of the Post Office, because I met a lovely person you are! Now I have with me Ladie Olga, made by the special and artistic hands of Carol - you made ​​me happy! Thank you so much! Olga

Olga PGov said...

Girls, you are lovely too! Thanks for the kind comments.
Hugs from Brazil - Olga