Friday, October 18, 2013

A break in our saga for New Ladies.......

I've been a busy girl and have two new lovely ladies to introduce to you.  I hate to break up our Halloween saga, but Annie still has not received #8 envelope, nor 11, 12, 13 or #14 that I've sent, so who knows where they are?  I'm thinking some post office employees are getting the same entertainment out of them as we are, but I wish they'd get a move on so I can finish the story.  So, in the meantime, I thought you might like to meet Ladies #58 and #60.  There will be more!  #61 is flying home to Australia, and #59 and #62 are Christmas gifts and will be introduced in a few months.  

First off is Lynda.  Lynda is lady #58 and hails from the good old USA.

Lady #58 - Lynda from the USA

See the "real" Lynda below.  She was kind enough to allow the use of the original photo she sent to me.  Thank you, Lynda!


Next, we have lady #60, Deena.  I must admit that Deena was quite a challenge for me and I was so hoping I could do her justice.  It's not often that I do "young" women, and that alone is difficult.....but Deena was my very first African-American lady with Egyptian heritage.  She wanted her "portrait" to use in her booth for music festivals to promote her business and sent me "her" fabrics" to use for her shirt and binding, plus beads to add to her quilt to reflect who she is.  Thankfully, I did okay!  

Lady #60 - Deena

And here are the photos that Deena sent me to use.  Once I was done, I almost had a heart attack thinking that I had made her hair the wrong length when I again looked at the first photo, but then realized that the dreads belonged to her friend and not her.  Whew!  Good thing she sent me two photos!  Thanks, Deena!



So there you have it!  Two more lovely ladies to add to the ever growing collection.  If you are thinking of having a fabric portrait done, here is the blog post showing the earlier ladies of 2013 and telling the procedure.  I'd LOVE to add YOU to the ever growing group too!

Now......say a little prayer that Annie gets her envelopes so we can continue the saga of Walter and his costumes.  Until then, have a great week...........

9 comments:

Maria said...

I always love the ladies you create Carol but you did a fab job of Deena's portrait....

Mary said...

No doubt the mail was interrupted by the Columbus Day Holiday or Gov't shutdown...LOL. You can blamed it on the mailman. Love your Ladies, every one is so different. Nice to have special fabrics and beads to make it more like the lady. I had to read back on the Halloween costume Saga, You are too Funny! Hope she gets her story soon.

Rettabug said...

How fun, Carol, you really captured the essence of these beautiful women!!

I sure hope those envelopes make it to Annie! They better not be selling them as "Custom Made Mamacjt Art Works" on Ebay!!

I've been down with a horrid cold so I'm trying to play catch up. Nasty bug! Be vigilant with the hand sanitizer & stay out of crowds. DH picked it up in church, I'm POSITIVE...from shaking hands & that dirty, contaminated holy water. Yuck!
He was only sick for a day or two but he gave it to me & I've been down since Sunday.

Createology said...

Two beautiful ladies and your portraits are equally beautiful. You have captured their essence well. I love the curly hair on Deena's. Post office employees read our mail and keep it for weeks...I can only imagine how much fun they are having with your clever Halloween saga and drawings. Falling into Autumn Bliss...

Lesley said...

Gorgeous ladies...their photos and their quilts. Well done!

Susan said...

Poor Annie - she must be bursting with anticipation.
What a great job you did on Deena - I can see that has taken you in such a different direction - she looks fabulous. (And Lynda is fabulous too of course - but we expect that - and i love her top!)

Annie said...

Two more fab ladies added to the ladies club. Their fabric portraits look awesome!

In stitches and seams said...

wonderful job on the ladies ... as always. I sure do hope those envelopes make there way to the address they are destine for...
in stitches

kiwikid said...

These ladies are beautiful, you did a great job with Deena, love the beads!

Hope the envelopes turn up ok!