Monday, October 15, 2012

Sharon and Donna

It's time to meet two new friends who are also newly added "ladies" to my series.  First, meet, Sharon aka #21.  Sharon is a younger quilter (at least she looks younger to me.....we really didn't discuss age), who recently started her own long arm quilting business called, "loftyquilting.com".  She lives in Illinois and would love your business if you need something done.  Sharon loves Kaffee, bright colors, and asked me to make sure to include her pink tape measure which she always wears around her neck when she's working.  She also loves to bake!

Naturally, as in the past, I will start with the drawing, the eyes, and then a full picture of the finished quilt.  This time though, I have a surprise.  Both ladies gave me permission to post the original photo they sent me so you may see how they look in real life. That original will be last.

Sharon - the drawing (#21)

Sharon's pretty eyes

#21 in my "ladies" series - Sharon

And here is the real life, Sharon! 


Next, we have Donna.  Donna lives in California and recently got back from a quilting retreat.  She said that her hobby is quilting (hello???.......her and all of us, I'm thinkin'!)  Well, Donna is #22 in my "ladies" hit parade.  She told me that she had brown hair with streaks of blond and it was a bit longer than the picture.  Her favorite color is red and she adores cherries.  

#22 Lady - the drawing

#22 - Donna's pretty eyes

#22 in my "ladies series" - Donna

And, please meet the real life, Donna.  (This picture was taken on her birthday when she went to Hawaii........lucky girl!!!)


So there you have it!  Two more special ladies added to my growing series.  Plus, #23 is on her way to her owner in Australia so I might have to wait a bit to introduce her.  What fun!  I had two more inquiries besides these three, but they seem to have fallen off the radar for now.....no matter.  I had a ball and my new friends are pleased and that's all that counts!  If any of you are interested in having yourself forever in fabric, please send me an e-mail.  (I'm still in the mood to make more!!  lol)  My info is on my sidebar or you can go back a few posts for the information and costs.  Until next time.........

13 comments:

Unknown said...

oohh Gosh.. really LOVE IT!! :)

Susan said...

Love #21 and #22 - can't wait for #23 to arrive . . .

In stitches and seams said...

well you have done it once again..... those are just great little personal quilts that have captured the quilter within. I may have to go looking for a photo to see what you would come up with for me.
have a great day.
in stitches

Sharon@LoftyQuilts.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon@LoftyQuilts.com said...

Hello All, and Thank You Carol. My Lovely portrait fills me with delight and brings me immense Joy. Just look at those colors they sing to me!!! Its actually so much brighter hanging on the wall of the new work space that I'm calling my 'Loft'. hence my name LOFTYQUILTS.COM I love the variation of meanings that LoftyQuilts implies.
Today I am finishing a quilt for QuiltsBeyondBorders a charity to give orphans one thing to call their very own.
So I must get going but I will be checking in to see what our wonderful friend carol will be inspired by next.

Annie said...

Ah, two more lovely fabric ladies to add to your portrait gallery. After a few (or more than a few) more postcards, I want to put them all together and make a poster of them. I think this would be a cool way to gather all your ladies together too! Then hang it in a guest bedroom...then have guests! LOL

stitchinpenny said...

I love your people quilts and think you have a wonderful and unique talent. Hope you get to share it with many more wonderful ladies.

Mary said...

Lucky ladies to get your famous Lady quilts. You're amazing with your stitching. Glad they loved them too.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Eek ..... I have just jumped back on the radar and have sent you an email. Let me know if it doesnt make it. My email program crashed y'day and I an trying to find my way around a new one and I dont like change! talk soon

Manoli said...

¡¡¡¡¡BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO!!!!!!!

Genial!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lesley said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the special effects, like the earrings and the glasses and the tape measures...so clever...well done!

Valspierssews said...

Love the new portrait quilts. The earings are particularly cute.

Lappedamen said...

Yor portraits are gorgeous! I love your style.