Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Back to normal.....

Well, I knew it couldn't last!  (Although I was wishing!)  Temps this morning are 37 degrees.  Yes, that is after our string of high 70s and 80s for the last two weeks.  In actuality though, it's probably a good thing because yesterday I got out the sewing machine again after a 6 day break.  Hey......I was almost ready to take a holiday and pack away the fabric forever! I had some ideas of things to make, but NO (like ZERO) ambition!!  All I was doing was playing and reading blogs on the computer. (And looking for puppies!!!  lol)  BUT.............I am back in business!!  We'll see for how long!

I MUST show you something wonderful.  Do you remember the FLiQ swap and when I made this for my partner:

"Love, live, dream" - in color.  FLIQS - done

Well, I received the one from my partner and it was the BEST quilt in the whole swap!!  I adored it from the first picture of it and watched it progress in the beauty it became........in fact, I think the whole group wanted this one:

FliQS - from Lemontreetales

The design and quilting are amazing!  The colors are so vivid and bright and I just adore this beauty!!  What a talented artist Tami (lemontreetales) is!  I loved her quilts from DQS in the past and hoped that some day I would be lucky enough to get her as a partner.  Just look at this gorgeous label too:

The awesome label

I'd be embarrassed to show her the goofy writing I do with one of those Micron pens as a label on the back of the stuff I do.  Eikes!  Good thing I didn't have to send to her, huh?

Thank you so much, Tami!!  I am delighted and jumping for joy with your creation!!  I will always cherish it and soon it will be on my wall along with my other favorites!

So...........that's it for today, my friends!  I am working, but slowly.  Just as soon as groups are established for the Bitty Block Committees April swap, I can show you mine.  Until then, I will continue since I signed up for another 12 of those cute 3.5 inch blocks yesterday.  Call me crazy!  BUT, maybe that's what it took to get the machine out again, who knows???

5 comments:

Annie said...

Both quilts really are fabulous little quilts! That's a pretty good use of solids. I like it quite a lot. So does this mean your "mojo" is back? Is that what mojo is, ambition to sew? I asked someone else what mojo is but she couldn't explain it. So, another round of bittys eh?

Cindy Sharp said...

Lol. Mojo is the name of her next puppy!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Adorable little quilts...love all the colors in both!TFS
~Terry~ :o)

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Wow, you've been able to take a much better picture of the quilt than I did. I'm glad you liked the label. I too have done the micron pen writing as well but thought that I needed something a bit fancier for this one. After all you're the angel queen in these swaps .. I had to make something that would be worthy.

I love all of your Bitty Blocks that you've been making! What a fun group that seems to be.

Patty G. said...

Please don't buy a puppy from the internet. They are from puppy mills. Please, please, please read!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ed-sayres/puppy-mills_b_918393.html

http://www.aspca.org/fight-animal-cruelty/puppy-mills/puppy-scams-cons.aspx