Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

I hope everyone in America has their flag flying today!  It is a marvelous thing to be an American in the home of the free and land of the brave. So many people in the world would give their eye teeth to live here and so few of us really understand how good we have it.  This day has always been special to me just because of that!  I am blessed and I know it!  Here is our flag proudly displayed on our garage.  (Had to throw a picture of my day lilies in there too though since they're really looking pretty now.)




Well, the trial is over and now we just have to wait for the verdict and it's none too soon.  Even my charge card company misses me.  The other day, my Yahoo Flickr pro account was due and when I tried paying for it with my charge card, it just wouldn't work.  I thought that odd, so I asked hubby for his and sure enough, it worked like a charm!  Well, what's up with that I thought!  So I called my charge card customer service line to complain (although I didn't really know if it was yahoo's fault or my card since I'm a real dummy on this goofy computer) and discovered that my card was on a fraud alert due to non use.  Non use?  Get out!  You have to be kidding?  Me, the MasterCharge mama?  So, I thought back and since this goofy trial started 4-6 weeks ago, the only places I've really gone is the grocery store and the quilt shop where I wrote checks in both places.  Too funny!  Well, Mr. India (I'm sure he was from there or Pakistan) fixed it pronto and I'm happy to say that the next day when I put gas in my car, I had no problem!  Too funny though!  Fraud alert!!??

You'll never guess where I'm going tomorrow.  Last week Sunday there was an ad in our local paper for Havanese puppies for $1100 and they were ready NOW!  So, I called, and had to leave a message because no one answered.  So, by Wednesday, after I hadn't heard from anyone, I'm thinkin' that either they sold all the puppies or their kids really didn't want them to leave and erased the message so their parents didn't hear it.  So......I call again, and again I have to leave a message.  By now I'm wondering what the hell is up!  So, this Sunday, again in our paper is the SAME exact ad only now they are advertising the pups for $900.  Hey, this is getting better and better and now I'm wondering if perhaps I should wait until next week to call because maybe they might only be $700?  I can use a deal just as much as the next guy, ya know?!  What I didn't tell you was that after Wednesday, I got curious and did a reverse search on the internet and discovered their last name and address.  I thought of stalking, but know the neighborhood and figured they'd never have the puppies in the front yard anyway so why bother?  So, yesterday, I'm intent on watching the closing arguments of the trial and low and behold what shows on my TV when the phone rings but their last name.  Well let me tell you, I flipped that TV off like nothing flat!  Long story short, the lady is sad to see the 6 (yes, 6) puppies go, so she ignored the calls from the week before.  Problem is though that her DH got wind of the new price and had a "royal" that she never followed up on the original price.  (I think my DH would do the same thing.)  So.......tomorrow at 10 am CST, my hubby and I will be playing with 10 week old white with tan Havanese puppies.  AND........I just might bring one home....maybe 2, who knows?  I hope I'm doing the right thing.  Ya know, if my DH was more entertaining, I wouldn't need a dog......but he's boring as heck, and I've had him close to 39 years already.  A new man in my life might be fun!




I'm hoping that they'll be as cute as those babies.  Ever since yesterday, it's all I can think about!  I'll let you know!

21 comments:

Four dogs and one quilter said...

Hope you find (just) one that is right for you. I love puppies. Have a happy 4th.

Sara said...

You were cracking me up through this whole post my friend!!! You sound like me,the way I think about people sometimes! I have four men in my life! 3 1/2 yr old son,the hubs,my two boxers--too MUCH testosterone at times;)

Love on those pups for me k?!!!

Poppyprint said...

Good luck with the pups!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Oh little baby puppies! We all want you to get one or two so you can post photos. Happy 4th of July.

Kathy said...

I hope you find the perfect puppy (or puppies!) Your quilting may come to a screeching halt for a little while - LOL! It will be worth it though - two puppies would REALLY be entertaining, and they'd wear each other out a little.

Vicki ♥ said...

I hope you have success with your puppy you want. I cannot believe that the little pup looks just like my new one we got last week. I have put a pic of her on my blog and the second pic of yours looks just like my Bella :) If you get one you will love it to bits as we just adore our little one :) hugs Vicki

matate10 said...

Oh gosh! Are you going to be able to sleep tonight! I can't wait for a pic. Good luck!

Yumm yumz by patticakes said...

I will be dreaming of those sweet puppy faces all night long! I have my fingers crossed that this time you will meet your
soulmate(s)!

Annieofbluegables said...

Happy 4th. Listening to the fireworks going off, hubbs isn't interested in seeing them. Introverted hubbies are sometimes pretty quiet aren't they?
Although I wouldn't exactly call that white snowball a "man" exactly.
hope you have a great week.
~a
oh and I don't watch any TV, so let me know how the trial turned out.

Leah said...

Oh me, oh my! I am so happy for you! My Havanese is the light of my life and I have no doubt yours will be for you as well! Congrats!!!

Jan Maree said...

I am looking forward to seeing a cute little puppy face in your next post....good luck!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Vow! I'm so exited for you! The puppy time is the best - perhaps difficult but so much fun and enjoy! They are all going to be so sweet that you can't choose just one! Congratulations to your new baby!
xxx Teje & Nero
Ps. It might be easier with two puppies so they can play together!

Susan said...

Sew Cute!! Hope you get them for the lower price too!

Anonymous said...

You are so hilarious I chuckled all the way through that! And oh my goodness how exciting, some new babies to play with! Good luck for tomorrow... will be waiting for news! Xx

Anonymous said...

My neighbor had 2 Havenese dogs and LOVED them! Good luck.
Margaret

Cindy Sharp said...

Let the new male in your life be a little dog. Humans are too hard to train!

Can't wait to see pictures.

Jo said...

Oh crumbs i am almost as excited as you, I hope you find your true love in this litter, and show us some photos of your new love soon

Anonymous said...

Please don't buy while pets in the shelter die.

http://www.sheknows.com/pets-and-animals/articles/812638/6-myths-about-shelter-pets

http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?search_id=336001

http://www.rescuedhavanese.org/

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face because it is true: purchasing a dog is a death sentence for a shelter dog.

Anja said...

Oh, I bet you can´t resist to take one (or two) home ;o)
They are cute as hell!
Cross my fingers that you find the right one in this bunch!
Anja

Ellie Inspired said...

Too, too cute!!! I would probably have to take two home too!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I had to LOL..when I read "if your husband wasn't so boring...you wouldn't need a puppy"! Why? did I laugh outloud?...well, it's soooo darn close to "home"! I've had mine around for 38 years and...well, a "boyfriend" could be nice...probably more trouble than it's worth! so...a new puppy is a great idea! We already had a BIG 5 year old puppy...so I bought a kitten. =P

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot