Friday, June 24, 2011

The trial....

Lately, I have been having a ball listening to the Casey Anthony trial and sewing my days away.  What a life, huh?  I'm hoping that they have a mistrial so I can continue my whole summer this way.  LOL  I am learning a lot about so much (not that I will ever have to use it, I'm sure).  I mean what do I need to know about botany, decomposition, and bugs?  Actually, I'm waiting for the good stuff.  I have read plenty of mystery/lawyery type novels in my life to know that it's coming if I just wait patiently and I'm ready!  LOL

I'm trying to catch up on doll quilts.  I know, I have made them forever, but this time the DQS rules are different and since I am mostly an applique artist/sewer type person, and they are not allowing any art type quilts and only needle turned applique, I have to build up my supply of pieced quilts since I am the designated "angel" mama and send quilts to those swappers who's partners have flaked or for those quilts that get lost in the mail.  Seems I have to send out about 4-5 for every round so I want to be prepared.  So far this week, I have made this 11x14 inch one:

DQS11 Angel Quilt #2

And this 10 1/2 by 12 1/2 inch one:

DQS11 Angel Quilt #3

Today I am going to see what I can do with these stars that I showed you once before:

Stars on Black

Right now they measure only 7 1/2 square and the size for the swap is anywhere from 9 inches to 18 inches so I have a bit of sewing to make it bigger.  I got some ideas last night while I was looking at it, so we'll see what I can come up with today.  Wish me luck!  Hope you are spending your days doing pleasurable things too.  Life is too short to not have some fun!  Incidentally, thank you all soooo very much for all your kind and wonderful comments on my posts.  I try to answer all of you, but sometimes life gets in the way (or the trial...LOL).  Seriously, I really appreciate all of you and I hope you know it!

12 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh wow, these are beautiful, the top one is my particular favourite as I'm so into rainbows at the minute. I can't believe that many people flake from each round!

I'm not spending my days doing pleasurable things, I'm spending them travelling to work, being at work, working late and then travelling home! At least I get to craft at the weekends.

BahamaDawn said...

glad i am not the only one addicted to that trial, but i dont watch it in the daytime.....i watch Nancy Grace at night and catch up!!
lovely quilts!

MariQuilts said...

These are wonderful.

What Comes Next? said...

no idea what that trial is, but if it keeps you happy and creating these beauties, I hope it goes for a while!

Jessica said...

You have amazing talent! I especially love the multicolored solids quilt :)

Pam said...

I live very pretty close to where the Anthony's live and for quite a while there were always news helicopters flying around. All our TV stations have dedicated coverage from 9 am until 7 or 8 pm.I have no choice,9an excuse) to watch it all day.

You need to put a cute little black and white border on those stars.

Bec Clarke said...

They are all just wonderful. My favourite is the top one. I hope you don't get too many flakers.

Leanne said...

I love all your quilts but I especially love your rainbow and solid/monochrome ones. Those stars are pretty special too.

Annieofbluegables said...

doesn't matter what you do, it is always perfect. I love the top one especially. <3
~a

Ceamz/Cayleigh said...

I have been keeping up with the trial too, reading blogs and handstitching a flower garden...

Sparky said...

love your blocks, quits, colors...as far as the trial..can't say I have been following it...sadly these things make me too sad...
on the other hand, your quilts make me happy...toodles

Vic H. said...

I love all of them...but especially the rainbow one at the top! Awesome...