I really thought the quilting would improve that quilt.......and it did.....just a little! BUT, I'm thinking it's still ugly, so I'm not even going to try to improve it by sewing covered buttons to each black square. I finished it by binding it, and now it's in my upstairs closet. If you want to buy it, I will let it go for the cost of the quilting, plus shipping, and a mere $40 for my time and materials. I'm thinking about $120 total. First come, first served! After all, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
On a brighter note, I must show you the latest creation for "chickenfoot". But let me fill you in a few facts first. Chickenfoot is the head mama of the doll swap. She organizes all the 220 or so entries and divides up the names to her sub-mamas who, in turn match up names for swap partners. It's a daunting job! Not only that, but she is also the head mama for the Scrappy Pincushion swap. Another job of record proportion. Well, ever since I first joined the doll swap for DQS7 (I think it was) I have made her a quilt to reflect her and her sub mamas. I just thought it would be fun. So, in 2009 I made this:
I think we only had 7 mamas that time and one of them was a guy (who I didn't include). That set the bar for DQS8 when I made this:
That one was huge at 18 1/2 x 29 inches and took me forever, but it was her birthday month and I needed a theme. LOL Note that all 8 mamas were pictured in this quilt. (No guys that time!) Then we came to DQS9 and the number of mamas went up to 12........can you believe? I wondered what I was going to do with all of them until a friend suggested that I do a quilt and call it, "Chickenfoot and the 12 mamas, the early years".
Note that I, as the oldest mama, and angel mama, (thus the halo) was the only one without an egg shell on my head and that our one, and only, African American mama even had a dark brown shell to represent her. Plus, of course, her and some of our younger mamas weren't even hatched yet. So......what to do for this time? I am a bit busier this year and with all the swaps running at one time, and the new lap quilt pattern and the commission quilts to do, I was in a quandary. I could have made something completely different, but I really wanted to stay with the chicken theme, so I thought I'd improve her looks and came up with this:
That one was more of a normal size at 14 x 22 inches. She loved it and is thinking that soon she'll need to dedicate a whole wall in her house for all the quilts that I've made her. LOL Well, she better wait, because I already know what I'm making for DQS11.....and it's a dilly! You will have to wait too because I'm not tellin'. I will tell you one thing though.....it will be smaller. LOL