Tuesday, September 28, 2010

One more and I'll be done

And believe me, it can't come too soon!!!I think I'm all mug-rugged out!!! I did finish my birdies, and the one for my #2 swap partner, but I have one to go for a private swap with a real novice quilter and she asked that I do hers in natural earth toned colors.......(obviously she doesn't know me too well, huh???) Poor girl! I don't think I own any earth toned fabrics unless you want to count the colors in my happy world and those are hardly earth toned!! Needless to say, I am not running out for more fabric which I'll probably never use, so I either have to search my basement bins high and low, steal some from my friends or switch her thinking. (Guess which one I'm planning???) I'm so bad!!! I have some ideas, but who knows? In the meantime, I'll show you the two last birds and the mug rug I finished yesterday for swap partner #2.

Bird Mug Rug #8

Bird #9 Mug Rug

Mug rug for partner #2

I made that one doubled, so this is the back:

Back of Mug Rug

Did you check out that fancy-schmancy curved piecing on that one? Pretty cool, huh?

I sure wish the last one was done. Hopefully tomorrow! Then, I think I'll take a bit of a break and clean my filthy house before I get into the next marathon. LOL

7 comments:

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOUR BIRDIES!!!
YOU MAKE THE CUTEST THINGS, SUCH IMAGINATION!!!!

Amy Friend said...

I was just thinking that I was due for a break for house cleaning too. Ick. I love the bird series. What a lucky partner!

Poppyprint said...

Your colourful world is so much fun to visit Carol. I look forward to seeing how you meet the earth-toned challenge. C'mon, you can do it!

Alycia said...

Those are beautiful!! I love your fabric colors!!! And - don't worry about the house, it will just need cleaning again... buggers!

Susan said...

Wow! I love them all! I guess I'm going to have to break down and make myself a mug mat!

Wendy said...

Oh wow, how gorgeous are they! I love the little birds and I love the rug mug. Make one like this for your partner, how could she not love it! Earth tones, phu!

Anja said...

I just love your birds! So funny and bright!
Inspired by your mug-rugs I´ve made one - my own design, the first ever.
Thanks for beeing soooo inspiring!