Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sneak Peeks 1 & 2

During DQS7 (my first doll swap), I made a special quilt for "Chickenfoot", the head Mama of the group.  I'm sure you've seen it.  (If not, it's in my photostream in the mini section.)  Well, anyway, I thought it would be fun to continue the process like in some sort of sequel.  At first I was going to have her playing in the snow with the 8 swap mamas, but in the process of the swap, I got a better idea which you'll see next week some time.  I'm not spoiling the surprise just in case she reads my blog!!  I did mail the quilt today so I'm sure she'll get it soon.

In the meantime, I'm going to reveal one sneak peek a day.  So here are the first two:

Do you remember these knees?

Sneak peek #2

This was so fun to make, but really involved. Believe it or not, I had to free motion my pieces on because I couldn't manage the applique foot with the tiny pieces. I hope I remember this for DQS9.

  

5 comments:

Karen said...

Your little quilts are so darling! I'm trying to figure this one out! I hope someday I'm the lucky recipient of one of your beautiful creations
(crazyfun01)

Poppyprint said...

Well your free motion applique is certainly looking fabulous!! Were you a cartoonist before quilting? Your drawings are really, really excellent!! She's going to flip out when she gets this!

beth said...

how fun. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

ha! to cute. so, do you fuse it all before you free motion the pieces??
nice job!

Rettabug said...

If I had known how you were going to dive into this hobby, I would have bought stock in the fusible web market! LOL
This is just darling, Carol. The foot stuck in the icing is my very most favorite part of it. LOL