Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cookies Anyone?

People think that I make lots of cookies at this time of year, but what they don't know is that I used to make twice, if not three kinds as many.  In fact, I think I was up to 33 different varieties just two years ago.  Then, I give them all away (except the ones I eat myself, you understand, and those for my own family to eat too, you know!!!)  The joy is in the giving, they say, and I totally agree.  EXCEPT.....the shipping costs are killing me!!  And buying all the containers that I never get back are getting a bit expensive.  Now I just make 14 different kinds (although 2-3 batches of each).  Doesn't make lots of sense, does it?  After all, I probably still make the same amount of cookies.  Duh!  Where is my brain??  I want to cut costs, but I haven't a clue how to do it....and so I go on, baking away!  Every year..year after year, after year.  And...I'm getting old, I shouldn't have to work so hard anymore.  I think about that, I really do, but then the recipients write or call and brag about how much they love my cookies and so what happens?  Yup, you guessed it......I do it again the following year.  I'm thinking that only my demise will stop this cycle.....heavenly days!!!



These were taken in the basement on the pool table prior to sorting in separate gift bins.  I know the pics are kind of yellow, but the light down there isn't the best and my camera doesn't take the best flash shots. Sorry about that!   This might tell the tale better.......

Joys of Christmas

Good enough to eat......wouldn't you say?????

5 comments:

Karen said...

Definitely good enough to eat!!!!! These all look so very pretty. The last shot looks like a photo in a food magazine or cookbook. Happy Holidays, dear friend!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

Killing me! :)

beth said...

can I get on your distribution list? I'll pay the postage. :)

LauraJ said...

yummmmm xoxoxoxo

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

Yum! I wouldn't mind being on your distribution list, either. Perhaps you can tell the people on your list that the containers are refillable - as in you have to get them back for them to be refilled? It might work. Or you can check after Christmas sales for tins.